RE: Got printf() et al. to work, but not for floating point

On 14 September 2007 18:17, Rick Mann wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   At a WAG, perhaps your compiler and your newlib disagree about whether or
>> not you've built for hard-float or soft-float?
>
> That's actually a very good guess, but I think they both agree. At
> least, the ABI is close enough according to readelf -h. I don't
> really know how to test the assertion, though, do you?

  Run objdump on your newlib libc.a library and look through the disassembly
to verify whether or not it has any FP instructions present.  AIUI, the PXA
series don't have FP hardware, so your symptoms are just what you'd expect if
you'd got the compiler ok but newlib was compiled hard float.

    cheers,
      DaveK