Re: building multilibs broken

Michael Ambrus wrote:
Hi Dave,
I have no immediate solution for your problem but some pointers that
might be helpful.

In the /newlib/libc/misc/init.c file you have #ifdef
HAVE_INITFINI_ARRAY that to me indicates it must be involved in your
problem.
Yes, that's definitely what the problem is - HAVE_INITFINI_ARRAY is not defined during the build of the thumb libraries.

I've just checked with a recent build of a multi-lib target of mine and I can verify that there are indeed several targ-include directories in the build (one for each multilib library). Each of them has it's own newlib.h and I figure that the one your -isystem is currently pointing out is the one you need to check. In my case there were 27 newlib.h which were all identical.
I did a bit more digging and found much the same thing after a successful build, many identical copies of newlib.h.

It appears that the -isystem path is identical for all iterations of multilib and points to the top level newlib target build directory which does not yet have the targ-include directory populated when building the thumb libraries. Unfortunately I don't currently understand the build system well enough to determine where and when the targ-include directory is being created and filled Would anyone have any pointers where I need to be looking?

I've found the stmp-targ-inlcude target in newlib/Makefile.in which seems to be responsible for creating & populating targ-include. It looks like this file is used for all multilib directories though so I'm a bit confused where to go next.

Dave