Re: How do I point out OS includes? -- Or how to Build My Own SDK using Newlib

Duane:

Thanks for your reply.

In our case, the specific step we are dying at is the header file copy
step.

We are doing a similar build strategy to the one you advocate:

  1. Build and install cross-binutils
  2. Build and install "pregcc"
  3. Build and install newlib
  4. Build and install gcc
  5. Install some missing cross-gcc symlinks by hand
  6. Build and install gcc crtfiles (crt1, crti, crtn)

This worked fine until we added g++ build in step 4. g++ itself builds
fine, but libstdc++-v3 fails. More precisely, libiberty build fails due
to missing headers.

As far as I can tell, all of the required headers were installed during
the newlib install step, so I am not clear why gcc fails to find them.
Note: we are not getting the "this is only a stub" error (which I know
about already). The problem is that the #include fails because it cannot
resolve the header file path.

So first: are we using the right general build approach?
second: obviously we need to copy some headers. Where should they be
copied *to*?

Thanks,

Jonathan