Re: Updating top-level autoconf to 2.59

Autoconf 2.59 assumes you want a cross tool if you specify --target,
no matter what you specify it as.
... this, which was likely implemented without any discussion with people really building cross tools.

Speak for yourself - I like this, despite the migration challenge. It's useful for uniformity of a set of cross tools, one of which may just happen to match $host.

Okay, I won't challenge you :-) But whatever changes there might be, they ought to be documented well.

Paolo