NEWLIB - CVS question

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 22:48:00 GMT 2007

If you want to go back as far as newlib-1.9.0, the tags are newlib-x_y_z
To see what tags are available, simply do a cvs log of some fundamental
file (e.g. ChangeLog).  At the top, you will see the various tags used.

The ftp site has as far back as newlib-1.6 and if there was a problem
with the site, it appears to be fixed now as I can access it fine.

The newlib releases are simply snapshots - usually in December before I
go on holidays.  I wouldn't particularly recommend back-pedaling as
fixes are never back-ported.  The repository is the latest and greatest.

-- Jeff J.