Re: [patch] Fix for libgloss/m68k

Hi,

> Regarding problem 1. I was kind of hoping some m68k experts would pipe
> up. Is there a workaround for the halt instruction? Is there a
> compiler architecture flag that could be checked to see if the halt
> insn is available? (similar to the situation we recently ran into with
> the ARM bx instruction).

A patch I posted a few days ago

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2006/msg00965.html

fixes the problem.  Specifically, I have libgloss/m68k/configure check
for __mcoldfire__.  If that is defined, then I build the ColdFire
portion of libgloss/m68k.  In terms of actual script, I do something
like:

AC_MSG_CHECKING([target cpu family])
DO=m68k
AC_PREPROC_IFELSE([#ifndef __mcoldfire__
		#error we are not coldfire
		#endif],
	       DO="cf",)
AC_MSG_RESULT($DO)
AC_SUBST(DO)

And then I use DO in Makefile.in to build an appropriate portion of
libgloss/m68k.

This approach should fix the problem you are having.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kazu Hirata