Re: crt0 formalization

jschopp wrote:
> I'd also like to have one of the solutions to fix atexit() pulling in
> malloc merged for 1.15, assuming I didn't just miss something getting
> merged for it.  I can write a new patch if you give me some direction
> how you'd prefer it done.  This seems to be a good method:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2006/msg00181.html

It seems that the solution in
http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2006/msg00181.html has already
been merged with the main trunk. You can enable the change by
configuring newlib with '--disable-newlib-atexit-dynamic-alloc' flag.
Isn't it enough for you ?

> I'd also like to take another run at getting the cell stdio offloading
> RFC mergeable for 1.15, hopefully the whole thing but at least the
> functions that don't take a FILE* argument.  This set of patches is
> being used by end users, because without it something like printf() will
> take ~200K of the 256K total memory, leaving very little for anything else.

Yes, even if only stdio functions w/o FILE* argument are offloaded,
they are very helpful because I think that a major use case of
stdio functions on SPEs is printf-debugging.

--
(ASAYAMA Kazunori
  (asayama@sm.sony.co.jp))