Re: newlib vs C99 math functions

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:49:01PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Well, newlib's printf() does not support "%a"/"%A" which are required by
>>>C99, so my observation of the C99 support at least is "spotty at best".
>>>
>>>Meanwhile, I'll wait anxiously to see you get any more attention from
>>>the 'official' folks than I've gotten so far.
>>
>>http://isbn.nu/0671723650
>
>Meh :-D
>(You know, I think we're going to get a lot of mileage out of that...)

You know it will only be a short matter of time before that is directed
at me, right?  :-)

>I apologize for getting used to the promptness of Cygwin's list. This
>one *does* seems dead by comparison.
>
>Now that we know you're here, do you know if anyone is working on adding
>C99-conformance to newlib? ;-)

I don't think that newlib has a roadmap.  Any changes would come from
either contributions or talking very nicely to Jeff.  Since newlib isn't
Jeff's full-time job, I would imagine that adding major new
functionality won't be high on his to-do list.

cgf