Re: printf and line buffering

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 03:38:35 +0930, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com> wrote:

The following simple test case debugged under both x86-linux and mn10300 newlib has already issued the line "some line" by the time we get to line 7: return 0. What happens on your system?

Your program works perfectly on my OS, infact I can't make it not work. :-/

At least now I know I was doing the right things, the problem is probably in my OS somewhere.

Having said that, does putchar not use buffering? I seem to be able print characters immediatly without touching setvbuf at all, is that normal?

Thanks for the help :)

Andrew

--
Mort - http://www.mort-os.com/