Re: sigdelset

Timo Weggen wrote:
Hello,

(first post). I am using newlib 1.14.0. I discovered that on the nosys platform "sigaddset" is defined (via preprocessor), but sigdelset is not defined. What is the desired policy for the signal set family of functions? Are they beyond scope of newlib? I just want know wether I should modify newlib (for me) here to add them in for the nosys configuration, or this in some way is the application's responsibility.

TIA, hope that wasn't convered before,
Timo.

Posix signal handling is not part of vanilla newlib. Some systems like Cygwin, RTEMS, and Linux do add support, but you can't expect it by default.

Now, that said, there are some default macros in libc/include/sys/signal.h defining a rudimentary sigaddset and sigemptyset. Offhand, there is no reason sigdelset, sigfillset, or sigismember could not be added in the same vein. I will check in a patch shortly. If you need the actual signal handling functions, then you will have some work to do.