RE: ldmdot

On 10 April 2006 18:08, pedro_alves wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> A quick postscript. I found the dependency tree above using the linker
>> map produced `ld -M' and a short filter to convert this output to a
>> form graphviz's dotty could plot. The result is very pleasing. If
>> anyone's interested I'll post it. In fact, I'll post it anyways. The
>> usual 'this is ugly ugly one-off Perl code' caveat applies. Please wear
>> sunglasses.

>> ========== ldmdot ==========
>> #!/usr/bin/perl -w

> While searching the archives for something totally unrelated, I stumbled on
> this great little gem from Shaun.
> [http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2005/msg00817.html]
>
> It saved my day, so I want to give something back.
>
> Here is my version. No need to replace dots and slashes if we quote the
> vars.

  Nice one, that's certainly preferable to replacing them all with
underscores!

  We should probably tidy this up, slap a GPL header on it, and offer it up
for the top-level contrib directory, it's just the sort of thing to go in
there.  Texi2pod.pl is looking a little bit lonely and it's awfully quiet and
echoey in there compared to gcc's contrib dir!

    cheers,
      DaveK