Re: [patch] More Arm EABI support routines

Hi Paul,

I'm in two minds about this.  Part of me thinks that this should be in
libgcc rather than newlib, since these are documented as part of the
standard run-time support for the compiler.

My reason for putting them in libc was that they're then in the same place as the underlying mem* routines.

But the whole point of these entry points is that they can be more efficient than the mem* routines. So long-term we really don't want to implement them this way.

Maybe. I was also thinking that the the C library is more likely to know about target specific properties (size/speed preference, coprocessor support/custom insns, etc) than libgcc.

Nah - libgcc is built along with gcc for a specific target, so it actually has a lot of target specific information built into it. So probably the best location for these sources is in gcc/config/arm directory. Then you need to find some way to insert the code into libgcc.a. You could recode the functions into assembler and then move them into lib1funcs.asm. Or you could create a t-arm-eabi file and have it define LIB2ADD and then fix the arm-eabi pattern in config.gcc to include this extra t-file.

Cheers
  Nick