Pthread support

hi all
I successfully installed arm-elf-gcc and tried to compile JamVM
with arm-elf-gcc. It didn't configure,throwing an error that pthread
library is missing. Does newlib supports pthreads ?. If it does, then how
to cross compile gcc to make arm-elf-gcc support pthread.

If not, is there any other way, I could add pthread support to
newlib, thereby making arm-elf-gcc support pthreads. I did try to use
glibc instead of newlib, but I couldn't cross-compile gcc.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Vijay Deep