Re: Applying CRX port to Newlib project

Thanks Tomer,

A number of issues must be dealt with up front.

  1. You have no licensing in your files, just a copyright.
     You should talk to your employer to see what is acceptable.
     Newlib prefers BSD-compatible or freer.  GPL or proprietary code is not
     accepted.

  2. You should not require a libc/sys directory.  We now have
     new ports put their init files / syscalls in libgloss.  However, I have
     noted you have sys header files which aren't in the ChangeLog below.  Do
     you require these to be installed for the end-user?  If so, we will have
     to do something special here as the current system requires you build in
     the sys directory.

-- Jeff J.

Tomer Levi wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Johnston wrote:

You can either provide an ftp location or break up the patch into

smaller chunks

and send it to me.

Great !!!
I've divided the patch into two : Newlib changes (attached below) and Libgloss changes.
Each patch will be sent together with its ChangeLog.

The Changelog entry for the NEWLIB subdirectory:

2004-09-28 Tomer Levi <Tomer.Levi@nsc.com>

        * configure.host: Add support for crx.
        * libc/include/machine/ieeefp.h: Ditto.
        * libc/include/machine/setjmp.h: Ditto.
        * libc/machine/crx/Makefile.am: New file.
        * libc/machine/crx/configure.in: Ditto.
        * libc/machine/crx/setjmp.S: Ditto.
        * libc/machine/crx/aclocal.m4: Generate.
        * libc/machine/crx/configure: Ditto.
        * libc/machine/crx/Makefile.in: Ditto.
        * libc/sys/crx/Makefile.am: New file.
        * libc/sys/crx/configure.in: Ditto.
        * libc/sys/crx/crt0.S: Ditto.
        * libc/sys/crx/getenv.c: Ditto.
        * libc/sys/crx/aclocal.m4: Generate.
        * libc/sys/crx/configure: Ditto.
        * libc/sys/crx/Makefile.in: Ditto.

Regards,
      Tomer Levi

Software Engineer phone: +49-8141-35-1378
CompactRISC Development Tools fax: +49-8141-35-11-1378
National Semiconductor GmbH mailto:Tomer.Levi@nsc.com
Livry-Gargan Str. 10 internet: http://www.national.com
82256 Fuerstenfeldbruck, Germany