Reentrant functions quiestion

Hello Everybody,
I work on newlib target that does not have OS yet. I have succesfully built the newlib.
However , I have soem problems with reentrant function I want to disable them.
The macro REENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED is not defined for my target system, but when I look at libc I still find there
functions like __calloc_r, rand_r etc.
How these function can be removed at all ?

Regards
Petar Penchev