Re: enable long long and long double support in printf/scanf

Hi Artem,

I haven't forgotten about this. It needs a tweak and some testing. The tweak I am referring to is that there should be a mechanism for the configure options to override the platform defaults. For example, if a user configures with --disable-newlib-io-long-long, this should take precedence even though the default may be "yes" for newlib_io_long_long on a particular platform. I'll take care of implementing this. After looking, I noticed a similar mechanism is needed for some other newlib configuration options.

-- Jeff J.

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
Hello.

Here is the patch that:

1. Adds --enable-newlib-io-long-long and --enable-newlib-io-long-double configure script options to allow users to enable long long and long double types support in printf/scanf series functions.
2. Removes direct passing -DWANT_PRINTF_LONG_LONG and -DWANT_IO_LONG_DBL command line arguments when compiling Newlib (see configure.host).
3. Adds new _WANT_IO_LONG_LONG and _WANT_IO_LONG_DOUBLE macros to newlib.hin
4. Uses new _WANT_IO_LONG_LONG and _WANT_IO_LONG_DOUBLE macros from newlib.h instead of old WANT_PRINTF_LONG_LONG and WANT_IO_LONG_DBL macros.

Also, there are 2 small changes:
1. Include <reent.h> in powerpc's printf/scanf
2. Remove junk newlib_cflags=${newlib_cflags} from configure.host

Note: aclocal.m4 and configure form newlib/ directory should be regenerated.

Please, see and commit if consider necessary.