Re: question: newlib on hobby os

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:06:21PM -0700, cr88192 wrote:
> I have been trying to figure this out for a while. basically, how do I
> really go about modifying this to work for a hobby os (I don't need it to
> manage my entry code or such, or to provide the otherwise mentioned
> syscalls).
You are treading dangerous ground, you know that, don't you? Remember, Linux
started out as a "Hobby OS" too!

> I was basically hoping for a clib to replace my current lib, which is,
> albeit, incomplete and incredibly buggy (and I was hoping for a quicker
> jump, ie, to a clib where I can try to port software to my os and actually
> expect it to work correctly...). I can't seem to figure out how to get it to
> build for any kind of "null" os, and do not know how to approach adding a
> new architecture.
If you want, I can give you my notes for porting Newlib to FreeBSD4.7, which
should at least get you started in the right direction. I've been meaning to
add it to the crossgcc twiki, but haven't formatted it correctly for that yet.

> I have been battling with this for the last few hours and am not making much
> progress.
>
> I may look at an older version, and see if there it is any more obvious.
>
> any help would be greatly appriciated...

rlc

--
"Mr. Spock succumbs to a powerful mating urge and nearly kills Captain Kirk."
-- TV Guide, describing the Star Trek episode _Amok_Time_