Re: One more question

Artem,

  You're going to have to alter the newlib version by hand.  There have been too
many changes made (e.g. the newlib reentrancy structure, the work I did to
add positional argument support, long double support, etc) since the original version.

-- Jeff J.

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
Hello.

Newlib has vfprintf.c ported from FreeBSD. This vfprintf doesn't support %ls and %lc modifiers (widechar string and widechar character). But I need these modifiers. I don't want to add them by hand and I want to port vfprintf from newer FreeBSD instead (this vfprintf already has these modifiers). If this approach won't be easy, it is possible to add these modifier by hands.

Let's denote:
initial vfprintf form FreeBSD from which Newlib's vfprintf was derived = vfprintf A
current Newlib-1.11.0 vfprintf = vfprintf B
Current upgraded vfprintf from last FreeBSD = vfprintf C

The essence is: vfprintf B and vfprintf C both have one parent - vfprintf A. I need _new_vfprintf_ that has all changes from vfprintf B and vfprintf C. I haven't time to understand vfprintf internals and want just try to move all vfprintf B changes to _new_vfprintf_ and all vfprintf C changes to _new_vfprintf_ too (if it would be possible, of course).

For this reason I need vfprintf A! I don't know where to get it.

vfprintf B contains some reference to CVS tag 1.43 but I don't know exactly if this the FreeBSD's vfprintf CVS tag.
Also: 1.43 tag on FreeBSD CVS has date 2002/08/15
Newlib's vfprintf has date 2002/08/13 which is earlier. This is confusing me.

Also, there is a reference to some 5.50 number in vfprintf B. I have seen to FreeBSD 5.50 libc and vfprintf has tag 1.10 there. :-(

Please, tell me where can I find vfprintf A.

Also, may be some recommendations how to update vfprintf correctly?

Also, I am planning to add fwprintf, vfwprintf and such to Newlib. I think this will be done by porting them from FreeBSD. May be somebody has already ported them or has some experience and will give me some recommendations?

Thank you very much.