Re: How to use __DYNAMIC_REENT__ correctly in multithreaded applications?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:05:57PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:

A monster patch has been checked in. I found a problem in stdio64/fseeko64.c
using struct stat when calling _fstat64_r. I could not switch to use stat64
as Cygwin has not defined it externally. For now, stdio64/fseeko64.c will use _fstat_r
instead of _fstat64_r.

What about _stat64, which is defined externally.  I don't understand the
rule, in which case newlib calls foo() and in which case it calls _foo().

For clarification, I am not referring to a function, I am referring to the struct stat64 which is needed as an argument to _fstat64_r or _stat64 for that matter. There is no struct stat64 or struct _stat64 defined externally under Cygwin. The compiler fails because it does not know the size of the structure. Under linux, the type is defined and this is not a problem.