Re: missing functions in newlib

J. Johnston wrote:

chris wrote:

Hello!

I was suprised to not find in the FAQ "XXX is missing from newlib", so I
shall have to ask it here.

There are lots of things that are "not" in newlib. Adding all of them would
be a thankless exercise and make for a very large FAQ. The
library is essentially ANSI C90 plus a large variety of extensions.

Also when not in a bare embedded system, newlib is usually used with an OS environment like Cygwin or RTEMS that has additional libraries and capabilities. For example, RTEMS has all of the pthread, message queue, semaphore, and basic systems calls in its own libraries.