Re: sys/types.h int8_t signed or unsigned

Shaun Jackman wrote:
In newlib-1.11.0 int8_t is defined as typedef char int8_t;

Out of curiosity, is char known to be signed? I thought it was ambiguous
(signed or unsigned depending on the platform). In which case this
should be
	typedef signed char int8_t;

You are correct. I will change this.

Also, newlib doesn't provide stdint.h. Should it?

Newlib is not C99 (or POSIX) so it technically does not have to provide stdint.h. Would it be nice and/or useful to have? Definitely. We have it for linux as it simply includes <sys/types.h>. I can eventually add it or would you like to take a stab at implementing the shared version?