Re: termios.h under mingw32

Mats Liljegren wrote:
Earnie Boyd wrote:

AFAIK, newlib doesn't yet build for the MinGW target.

Earnie.

Strange. It doesn't complain about --target=mingw32, and there are subdirectories for mingw32. I can also see a newlib subdirectory in msys package. I'm looking in newlib 1.11.0. make and make install works fine too for newlib.

Are there any alternatives so that I can have Unix-like functions mapped to Windows dito?

The MSYS package (a fork of Cygwin) uses an older version of newlib for it's private msys target, not a mingw32 target. The msys target is not meant for the public to use other than enhancing msys support. If you want a POSIX library for windows, visit www.cygwin.com.

I don't know about subdirectories for mingw32 in newlib. Perhaps someone has done some porting of newlib and submitted patches, that is possible and doable. You won't though have POSIX functionality without a lot of work and Cygwin has done that already.

Earnie.