Re: disabling libm

"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:52:02PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > I have a hacked together libm substitute that is far from optimal but
> > tries to be portable.  But really I would like to see newlib work
> > better with non-IEEE FPUs.  Any ideas?
>
> aside from c4x, the only other targets I can think of that don't do IEEE
> floating point are VAX and Alpha, neither of which run newlib as far as
> I'm aware.  (and even Alpha can do IEEE with some handler help.)
>
> is there a free simulator for c4x available that this could be tested
> on?

The c4x/tic4x GNU toolset history is complicated.  There is an old
patch against gdb 5.0 I think which has a nice simulator for almost
all of the c3x and c4x models. It took a long time though to get the
c4x support officially into binutils and gdb.  In that time, the
original developers and those with interest appear to have largely
moved on.  Svein Seldal has done a LOT of work on binutils and gcc
but hasn't gotten to gdb yet.  The newly merged port it referred
to as "tic4x" not "c4x" to be consistent with other TI DSP target
names.

So there is a great need for someone to update the gdb patch to
current sources including the official tic4x binutils.  Hint for
volunteer needed.

But binutils 2.14 and gcc 3.3 build out of the box for tic4x-coff.
I am trying to revive the c4x-rtems port and toolchain using the
tic4x-rtems target and new tools.