Re: i386 and soft-float

Timo,

  What multilibs get built is controlled by gcc.  See FAQ #5 on the newlib web-site.
If multilibs are built, then using the associated commands when you compile/link
will link with the correct library.

-- Jeff J.

Timo Ketola wrote:
silverio.di@qem.it wrote:

I guess
  gcc -msoft-float ....... libgcc.a

Timo Ketola
<timo.ketola@epec.fi Per: newlib@sources.redhat.com
Inviato da: Oggetto: i386 and soft-float
newlib-owner@sources
.redhat.com

12/05/03 14.51

Hi all,

I'm a little lost with the newlib:

What is a correct way to configure the newlib to use software floating
point math for i386?

Thanks!

--

Timo

Thanks for the answer! However, I think that your answer is for how to compile an application. My problem is on how to configure and build the library. I think that also the library should be built with -msoft-float option but I'm not able to find any suitable options for the ./configure command. Or am I completely lost?

--

Timo