Re: libc/include/sys/errno.h

J. Johnston wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

[removing cygwin-developers since that is a closed list]
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:02:20PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:

Unfortunately, the variable is not historically declared const.  If you
look at glibc, djgpp, and BSD, you will see that is declared as newlib
does.  Therefore, the declaration should be left as-is.

Would you object to making this entirely controlled by a __CYGWIN__ ifdef/else,
Jeff?

I object to forking this for Cygwin just for convenience-sake. I do not
know the background behind the problem. Could you perhaps explain why Cygwin needs
to have this as const and why there isn't a reasonable alternative solution?

#ifdef __CYGWIN__ already exists for this header. I will take another look at what can be modified but it maybe required to be const by Cygwin due to c++.

Earnie.