Re: building newlib for mingw32

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:16:34AM -0800, Brian Hawley wrote:
>At 11:51 AM 3/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:59:49PM -0800, Brian Hawley wrote:
>>>I've been reading for days, and still can't quite come up with the answer
>>>to several problems/questions.
>>>
>>>We are attempting to bring over some internally developed libraries and
>>>code from what compiles on a variety of *nix boxes to Winblows.
>>
>>Actually the name of the system is "Windows".  Derivations on the name
>>Windows were funny about ten years ago.  Ten years ago, I had funny
>>quotes in my signature too.  Eventually this kind of thing gets old and
>>tedious.
>
>Really.  I didn't know it was Windows.  Thanks for correcting me.  To
>think, I could have went through the rest of my life misspelling it.
>Really, your commentary is a waste of bandwidth, and I'll call it
>whatever I like.

Let's get some perspective here.  You were asking for help, right?  And,
the first thing you did in asking for help was to by imply that the OS
used by the person whose help you were soliciting "blows".  Whatever.

Given the rest of your message, apparently you took my "correction" as a
sign that everything else I said was also valueless.  You can, of
course, also do that if you like, but I was trying to help you figure
out what was going wrong.  If you don't try my suggestions then maybe
someone else here with lots of experience building newlib on windows
will be willing to help instead.

cgf