Re: beginner question: configure options

> When listing "configure --help", there're
> "--with-FOO",
> "--enable--FOO", where can I find detailed info about
> what these options are?

They should be listed right at the bottom of the help listing.
However, there aren't any specific to the toplevel, so you may need to
go into one of the subdirectories to see what options are appropriate
to that subdirectory.  For example, if you do "./configure --help" in
src/newlib, you'll see this:

--enable and --with options recognized:
  --enable-multilib         build many library versions (default)
  --enable-target-optspace  optimize for space
  --enable-newlib-mb        enable multibyte support
  --enable-maintainer-mode enable make rules and dependencies not useful
                          (and sometimes confusing) to the casual installer
  --enable-newlib-hw-fp    Turn on hardware floating point math