Evaluator 7T: using syscalls with RedBoot

Hello,

I have some trouble in getting a newlib based program working together
with redboot on an Arm Evaluator7T board.
I am using newlib 1.11.0 on a linux box running RH 7.3.
I re-built redboot (from eCos cvs repository) configured according to
Mark Salter's advice (added CYGSEM_REDBOOT_BSP_SYSCALLS to
redboot_ROM.ecm).
The program I am working on is compiled with arm-elf-gcc 3.2.2. It is
linked with option -specs=redboot.specs. It can be uploaded to the board
by gdb and then started by issuing a cont command.
The program does its job as expected, and afterwards, at some point, its
main function terminates, making crt0.S to call exit(). But then a
sigtrap is raised:
Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x000101bc in _exit (stat=1)
    at ../../../../../newlib-1.11.0/libgloss/arm/redboot-syscalls.c:54
54              __syscall(SYS_exit, stat);
Could it be a newlib configuration problem ?
How can I have the execution control to be given back smoothly to gdb ?
What about other syscalls ?

Thanks a lot for any help or suggestion.

Pierre

PS: I already submitted the above question on the eCos list but from
what I understood redboot is not concerned.
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre dot Habraken at imag dot fr
Tél: 04 76 82 72 83 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87
IMAG-LSR BP72 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES Cedex