Re: Adding directories to the newlib build

Craig A. Vanderborgh wrote:
Hello All:

I am finishing up ARM/Wince 3.0 support for newlib and I need to add
some directories under my "wince" subdirectory for additional header
files and directories.  For example, in addition to my own system header
files for wince being put into INSTALLDIR/include/sys, I need the build
to install some additional files and directories when the newlib build
is performed, e.g. INSTALLDIR/include/netinet/in.h

What is the correct way to get the automake regime to do this, i.e. what
do I need to add to the Makefile hierarchy and where do I need to put
it?  Please advise as the automake stuff is really giving me headaches
right now!!

You want to use the "install-data-local" tag to do this.  Since these header files
are only for your configuration, they should be in your specific sys
directory.  For example, if you have added a libc/sys/wince directory, you could
add a libc/sys/wince/netinet subdirectory which has your header files in it and add
the following to its Makefile.am:

install-data-local:
        $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(tooldir)/include/netinet; \
        for i in $(srcdir)/netinet/*.h; do \
          $(INSTALL_DATA) $$i $(DESTDIR)$(tooldir)/include/netinet/`basename $$i`;

You then have to regenerate the Makefile.in via: automake --cygnus Makefile

You can add to this if you have other header files that install into subdirectories
other than sys or machine.

I am assuming that you always want to install these header files.  If that is not
the case, then let me know what the circumstances are and I will show you how to
handle it via configuration.