Re: Redboot and Evaluator 7T : newlib is Angel based

Pierre Habraken wrote:
Pierre Habraken wrote:

[...]
But now I am faced to a new problem : newlib (which is linked to my
program), and especially the C run time sartup code, uses SWI calls to
Angel (swi 0x00123456), which one has been replaced by Redboot !

Does anyone know how to tell newlib not to use Angel services ?

This is probably a stupid question : I understand that I'll have to
write my own crt0.S, will I ?

I just added a new configuration option to newlib: --disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls to allow you to build newlib without including syscalls.

The newlib/libc/sys/arm directory has been modified to recognize
this new option and not build syscalls.o.  There is also a __NO_SYSCALLS__ C flag
set on that you can use within files that you don't want to exclude entirely.
This is relatively new so if you find a file that needs alteration, please let
the newlib list know.

There is a redboot-crt0.S file provided in the libgloss/arm directory.  There
is also an elf-redboot.specs file which handles the crt0 and library specification
for you.  You can specify the file via the -specs= option of gcc.