Re: c4x - TMS320C30-40

Peter Lambert wrote:

> I've only just compiled the compiler and newlib.

What target did oyu use and how many patches did it require?

Are you using the c3x simulator for gdb that was available as a patch
a while back?  [Hmmm.. is it merged now?]

> I'll take a look at the
> library code and yours and take it from there (thank you).  I don't yet
> understand the reliance on IEEE but I guess it's got to be related to
> splitting exponent and mantissa, mostly for the text formatting.

I recall it being much more complicated.  There were dependencies
on NaN, interpreting bits in the numbers in various ways.

> I will defintely be working on it.

At least you have a fresh start.