argp functions for all?

Hi,

As a hierarchical argument parsing library, I would find argp to be an excellent addition to Cygwin [although it is not POSIX, but rather a glibc feature]. This would further enhance cross platform compatibility with glibc-centric code for those platforms which cannot run glibc. I noticed, during a recent update of my cygwin checkout, that this library was added to newlib. However, it was much to my dismay to see it was YA "linux"-only feature. Why so many linux-only features :-(? I'm sure that's the easy route, but shouldn't it be a goal to provide library functions that all newlib-supported platforms can access? I mean, unlike linux people, newlib is all us Cygwin people have. I guess my question is, like argz, wouldn't it be better to implement argp for all newlib-supported platforms (including Cygwin) to use? FWIW, I've exported the arz/envz externs and they are working quite well on Cygwin. I do not see why this cannot be the same for the argp functions.

Cheers,
Nicholas