Re: newlib.h?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 02:03:00PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:
> >I found a problem with the new wmem* stuff colliding with Cygwin header
> >files and I have just checked in a patch for this.  I forgot to note
> >this before, however, there was no problem in building Cygwin itself
> >before or after the fix.
>
> I assume you're building from the top level directory rather than from
> the winsup or winsup/cygwin directory.  We've never searched the newlib
> build directory for include files in the generic cygwin makefiles, although
> it looks like this is forced into CFLAGS by the top-level build.

Yes, I build from the top level.  Perhaps we should reexamine this if it is
getting in the way of conveniently rebuilding sub-components and push it down
into the various target tool directories.

For now, a simple solution might be to put a dummy newlib.h in libc/include
for those tools that use newlib, but don't need to know the configuration info at
build time.