Re: Host name guidelines? (and more)

J. Johnston wrote:
Upon further discussion here, it appears the machine-vendor-kernel-os format was done for
linux for historical reasons and is not recommended.
s/historical/political/?

As far as the '+' character goes, it has never been used before and I though I can't say exactly
what problems will occur, I wouldn't recommend it.  One can combine the reactos and posix+ (posixplus) parts together to form the OS field (e.g.
i386-pc-reactosposixplus).  Newlib doesn't own the top level configuration files so my opinion is certainly not the final word on the subject.  The
files are taken from gcc.  Thus, this topic should really be discussed on the gcc mailing lists as any new configuration would have to be approved by
their maintainers.
	-hpa