Re: The reentrancy structure?

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having a problem dealing with the reentrancy structure, because it
> makes it impossible to determine at link-time if something like "stdin"
> has been used; this is necessary for code-size reasons on a platform I'm
> working on.  Therefore, I'm thinking about ripping it out.
>
> The question is: would the maintainers accept a patch which would make
> this #ifdef'd (or something similar), or should I expect to make this a
> fork?

The reentrancy structure is tightly integrated into newlib.  Can you explain
in greater detail what you want to do?  For example, what do you do
differently if you find out stdin is linked in vs if it isn't?

If you simply have space constraints, there is the _REEENT_SMALL flag which you can
set in sys/config.h which makes a much smaller-sized default reentrancy
structure.  A number of the larger items in the reentrancy struct are
allocated only on first use.