Re: (Logical) bug in configure for newlib-1.10.0

Eric Doenges schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've just tried to configure and build newlib-1.10 for m68k-coff. My
> configure command was:
>
> ../newlib-1.10.0/configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=m68k-coff \
> --prefix=/NET/animal/user/doenges/local --norecursion
>
> The problem is that the libgloss/m68k/configure script tries to see if
> the cross compiler works, which it of course does not for several
> reasons:
>
> a) It has no idea which linker script must be used for linking with my
>    intended target

I came into this problem not only with newlib-1.10 but also when trying
to build the second stage gcc. It died in the libiberty directory. That
was with gcc-2.95.3. It seems to be a gcc problem with the m68k-coff
target. I ended up with patching gcc to install a spec file, a crt0.o
and a linker script that are more or less dummies but link without
errors. You may look into the crossgcc mailing list, also on
sources.redhat.com.