Re: patch to allow newlib to compile when winsup not present

Further to this,

IMO emulation & platform specific headers should be in the
winsup dir. libc and libm headers should be in newlib.

The pthread typedef's are emulation specific, not newlib specific, and I
strongly oppose them being moved to newlib. The function definitions
(like pthread_kill) however, are common to any libc, and thus belong in
newlib (IMO).

As for finding a winsup header/local system header, I think that it's
the users job - if they want to build newlib for cygwin, WITHOUT winsup,
then they need to add the appropriate -I to the passed CFLAGS line,
(unless there's a standard location that cross-header are found, like
/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin/include/ ?) (I'm not a cross-gcc afficiondo).

Rob