Re: Thumb-interwork support by newlib

"J. Johnston" wrote:

> Joel Brenner wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm using GCC-2.95.3 for arm-elf target with newlib-1.9.0. The
> > toolchain works fine, but libc, libm and libg, generated by newlib, do
> > not supports thumb-interworking. How can I force newlib to generate
> > libraries with interwork support?
> > Tanks, Brenner Joel
>
> Joel,
>
>   You should be getting thumb-interwork multilibs created.  If you specify -print-multi-lib to your
> arm compiler, you should see a list of the multilib options.  You will note that a number of
> permutations use a subdirectory called interwork and specify -mthumb-interwork as the option.  For
> each permutation specified in the list, newlib will use the subdirectory name given and the
> specified options.
>
>   If you link or copy the newlib directory together with your gcc source (gcc and newlib are sibling
> directories)

Where I've to copy the content of newlib-1.9.0, directly in the home scr dir of gcc-20010205 ?
Are there some options to pass to configuration script of gcc to include newlib configuration and
building during gcc configuration/building ?
To enable multilib support for interwork I've modified the file t-arm-elf in gcc tree, is this the
right manner to do this or are there configuration options which specify what options are supported by
multilib?
tanks, joel brenner