Re: debugging malloc support fro cygwin

Hi!

Friday, 20 April, 2001 J. Johnston jjohnstn@cygnus.com wrote:

>> 2001-04-18  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>
>>
>>         * acinclude.m4: Don't provide malloc if building for cygwin and
>>         internal debugging malloc is requested.
>>         * aclocal.m4: Regenerate.
>>         * configure: Regenerate.

JJ>   I think I would like to see more details about what you are
JJ> doing.  It appears you have made up your own enablement flag which
JJ> is only being used for Cygwin.

yes. when configured with this flag, cygwin provides its own
debugging version of malloc() and friends, so it doesn't need newlib's
one.

JJ>  What you want to do can be  accomplished simply by using
JJ> TARGET_CFLAGS on your make to specify -DMALLOC_PROVIDED.

hmm, i'm not sure i understand what you mean here. where i should set
TARGET_CFLAGS to include -DMALLOC_PROVIDED ?

env TARGET_CFLAGS=-DMALLOC_PROVIDED make

or some patch to top-level configure, or something else?

JJ> Does this change tie in with a Cygwin patch?

yes. it was posted in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2001-q2/msg00112.html