Re: powerpc-eabism, strategy for finding crt0.o

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:36:25AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I suggest the following:
>
> Move the case ${target} from libgloss/configure.in into a separate
> shell-script fragment, that sets some variable to the (list of)
> directories in which GCC should search for crt files and libraries.

No.  If we're going to change anything this drasticly,
we might as well do things Right.  Have a build-install
directory which exactly mirrors what the real install
directory would look like, and have everyone put what's
needed there.

I suspect that this moderately drastic change would
actually take _less_ time than adding more locallized
hackery, since it is certainly to be enormously more
robust.

r~