Re: Question about library?

> clifftsai wrote:
>
> Hi:
>     I have three questions about library.
>     1.What's the differenence between the static-shared library and
>         dynamic linking library?They both can be shared?

      A static library gets linked directly with your object files to produce
      an executable with a copy of the library code inside.
      With a dynamic library, the library code resides outside of your executable.
      Since it is outside the executable, multiple executables can share one loaded
      library.

>     2.Is "libxxx.so" or "libxxx.sa" a static-shared library or dynamic linking library?

      Dynamic.

>     3.I usually see libc.a,but ".a" means that is a static linking library(no shared)
>        why don't we create C library as shared library or DLL?

      The history of newlib is that it is a C library targetted for embedded platforms.
      Creating a dynamic library for non-native platforms makes no sense.  Thus,
      the work to support newlib as a shared library has never been done.