This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: TenDRA C and newlib
- To: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
- Subject: Re: TenDRA C and newlib
- From: "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun at bachue dot usc dot unal dot edu dot co>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:29:26 -0500
- CC: newlib at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- References: <3855C308.ECD64EC7@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co> <38567847.9831F853@OARcorp.com>
- Reply-To: giffunip at asme dot org
I know, it was just an experiment that shows:
1) that the configure script expects to use gcc and ONLY gcc.
2) that newlib is not really portable.
A heads up! for the cygnus maintainers, I guess.
Joel Sherrill wrote:
> "Pedro F. Giffuni" wrote:
> > Hello;
> > The README file says I should report bugs on this address, and while the
> > attached logs are not exactly bugs, they show relevant portability
> > problems when building with something different from gcc.
> > TenDRA C is a compiler with interesting portability features and I did a
> > simple experiment to see what this strict compiler would find on the
> > latest version of newlib.
> It looks to me that that configuration is not right for the build.
> tcc -DPACKAGE=\"newlib\" -DVERSION=\"1.8.2\" -I. -I. -O2
> -DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES -I../../targ-include -I.././../libc/include
> -fno-builtin -g -c atoi.c
> "atoi.c", line 1: Error:
> [ISO 6.8.2]: Can't open included file, 'no-builtin'.
> This indicates to me that you are passing -fno-builtin to tcc. This is
> gcc option and apparently causing tcc to preinclude a header file.
> I can't speak to the other options causing tcc problems.
> As a secondary issue, I don't know what host/target the tcc you are
> using is
> configured for and what you configured newlib for. It is quite possible
> the tcc configuration != the newlib configuration.
> I think what you are doing could prove interesting but so far you aren't
> really compiling code yet. You still have compiler invocation
> to address.
> Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
> joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
> Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
> Support Available (256) 722-9985