This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
request for comments on FD_ZERO use of bzero
- To: newlib at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: request for comments on FD_ZERO use of bzero
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:05:37 -0600
- Organization: OAR Corporation
- Reply-To: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
Hi again. :)
I was tracking down warnings in RTEMS and noticed that this was the
./include/sys/types.h:# define FD_ZERO(p) bzero((caddr_t)(p), sizeof
./sys/rtems/sys/types.h:#define FD_ZERO(p) bzero((caddr_t)(p), sizeof
bzero is not prototyped when __STRICT_ANSI__ is defined so use of
FD_ZERO will always generate a warning when in strict ANSI mode.
I think changing the bzero's to memset will fix this.
Comments before I change it?
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985