This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: TenDRA C and newlib
- To: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun at bachue dot usc dot unal dot edu dot co>
- Subject: Re: TenDRA C and newlib
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:03:03 -0600
- CC: newlib at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: OAR Corporation
- References: <3855C308.ECD64EC7@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
- Reply-To: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
"Pedro F. Giffuni" wrote:
> The README file says I should report bugs on this address, and while the
> attached logs are not exactly bugs, they show relevant portability
> problems when building with something different from gcc.
> TenDRA C is a compiler with interesting portability features and I did a
> simple experiment to see what this strict compiler would find on the
> latest version of newlib.
It looks to me that that configuration is not right for the build.
tcc -DPACKAGE=\"newlib\" -DVERSION=\"1.8.2\" -I. -I. -O2
-DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES -I../../targ-include -I.././../libc/include
-fno-builtin -g -c atoi.c
"atoi.c", line 1: Error:
[ISO 6.8.2]: Can't open included file, 'no-builtin'.
This indicates to me that you are passing -fno-builtin to tcc. This is
gcc option and apparently causing tcc to preinclude a header file.
I can't speak to the other options causing tcc problems.
As a secondary issue, I don't know what host/target the tcc you are
configured for and what you configured newlib for. It is quite possible
the tcc configuration != the newlib configuration.
I think what you are doing could prove interesting but so far you aren't
really compiling code yet. You still have compiler invocation
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985