This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Error occured at newlib-1.8.1 (fwd)
- To: 戀上泉水.... <jwlin at csie dot nctu dot edu dot tw>
- Subject: Re: Error occured at newlib-1.8.1 (fwd)
- From: "J. Johnston" <jjohnstn at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:26:14 -0500
- CC: newlib at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <199912061946.DAA15405@ccsun5.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
> ----- Forwarded message from email@example.com -----
> Sorry to bother you.
> I'm working with making a arm-gcc cross complier,and my host machine
> is RedHat-Linux based on intel-586.
> While I'm compiling newlib-1.8.1,there's an error occured.
> arm-semi-aout-gcc -g -O2 -O2 -DABORT_PROVIDED -DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY
> -DARM_RDP_MONITOR -fno-builtin -I/home/jwlin/gnu/newlib-1.8.1/arm-semi-aout/
> newlib/./targ-include -I/home/jwlin/gnu/newlib-1.8.1/arm-semi-aout/newlib/
> ./libc/include -c dtoa.c
> In file included from mprec.h:31,
> from dtoa.c:33:
> /usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-semi-aout/2.6.3/include/float.h:1: #error
> /float.h values not known for cross-compiler
> And I can't find "float.h" anywhere in this library.
> It's seems that "float.h" is machine-dependent , right?
> Would you please tell me how to overcome this error or where
> can I find a complete document?
> Thank you for your help.
The float.h file is part of the gcc, not newlib. I would suggest you try upgrading
your version of gcc to the latest EGCS release which you can get from
-- Jeff Johnston (Cygnus Solutions)