This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Newlib, GDB Simulators, and Configurations
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Black)
- Subject: Re: Newlib, GDB Simulators, and Configurations
- From: email@example.com (Todd Whitesel)
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
> I'm wondering what this should be called. In this instance is gdb the hardware
> or the operating system or both? What sort of config option should I be going
The simulator can run as a seperate program (it's actually called 'run') and
while the simulator's ABI may be derived directly from some specific O/S, it
probably doesn't support everything and deserves its own O/S name.
I like just 'sim', as in arm-sim-coff.
toddpw @ wrs.com