Re: test with HTTPS url

hello Mark,

On Saturday 04 March 2006 02:10, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 00:54 +1100, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > i just checked in a new testlet
> > (gnu.testlet.gnu.java.security.jce.TestOfHttps) that accesses the
> > url
> >
> >    https://www.paypal.com/
> >
> > if there is a known https-accessible location that is/can be used
> > for running such tests let me know and i'll amend the test
> > accordingly.
>
> I think that is fine for now. We could install a https server on
> builder.classpath.org or maybe have something like Wolfgang just
> suggested a Mauve local https server.
>
> Three small comment on the test itself.
> - You seem to be using the eclipse templates. Not that it still
> contains a "FIXME: your info here" :)

noted.

> - It declares a GNU-CRYPTO Tag and explicitly installs the Jessie and
> GnuCrypto providers. But it really should just work for any JDK1.4
> out of the box (and it actually does!)

it does with the JDK because the JDK contains export-controlled crypto.
for us in Classpath to do that we would then break what A. Green asked
for wrt. separating export-controlled from non-export-controlled crypto
code.

> - It prints out all lines read to System.out. That isn't really
> necessary and obscures the output of the test.

noted.

> If you could correct those issue that would be great.

i'm checking in a version that fixes the first and last issues.  if we
want to re-consider the export-controlled option let me know since we
would have then to do more work in the Classpath tree before changing
this testlet.

cheers;
rsn