Re: tests with rmic

Hi Audrius

Meskauskas Audrius wrote:

I looked at our gnu.java.rmi.server.UnicastRef and - yes, unfortunately it seems that there is system property in Classpath that would force the object serialization even if the RMI client and server are in the same machine.

If you plan serious testing work, we should probably add such property as a necessary testing tool, but altering RMI implementation requires to have a test suite first. I think, you can commit such tests anyway because the object serialization is not the only thing in RMI that deserves testing.

Unfortunately I do not plan for the moment serious rmi testing work. I just wanted to report a bug within gnu classpath. Because the test involves launching at least 2 vms, it's difficult to reveal the bug. The property forcing serialization would be great in my case!

Cheers,
Nicolas