Re: Eclipse and Classpath

David P Grove wrote:
> > IIRC the biggest problem with using JUnit is that it depends of rather
> > advanced JVM features; like reflection.
>
> Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but is this really an issue?  I'd
> always assumed (without actually checking) that most (all?) of the VMs
> being used by classpath developers implement reflection.  If this is the
> case, then maybe making reflection a pre-req for being able to run mauve
> wouldn't be an issue.  It's hard to run very much Java code these days
> without running into some use of reflection by the application.

I inferred the problem to be that reflection is one of the things
we want to test, so we shouldn't be relying on it for the test itself.
Of course, if reflection doesn't work, then the test will probably
still fail :-) But it may make it harder to track down the real problem.

All in all, it's probably not a major deal... Perhaps there could be
a small set of basic reflection tests that didn't use JUnit too.

-Archie