This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Problem with CollationElementIterator.jdk11 testcases
- From: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- To: Brian Jones <cbj at gnu dot org>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:19:13 +1000
- Subject: Problem with CollationElementIterator.jdk11 testcases
I've been trying to work out why Classpath (over Kissme) is failing
16 test in gnu.testlet.java.text.CollationElementIterator.jdk11.
next() 0 (number 1)
primaryOrder() 0 (number 1)
Examining the testcase code, and comparing the test results with those
for various Sun JDK's, it seems that the Classpath implementation is
returning different collation key values. The testcase is expecting
the JDK value and is barffing.
But I don't think that this is correct. Nothing I could see in the Sun
javadocs that specifies what the precise key values should have.
Rather, the specification says that the key values simply have to have
specific ordering characteristics.
What do you think?